Various Technologies in Starter Batteries
ISO and IEC maintain terminological databases for use in standardization at the following addresses:
- Flooded battery (SLI flooded lead-acid battery) having a cover provided with one or more openings through which gaseous products may escape.
- Enhanced flooded battery (EFB flooded lead-acid battery) with additional special design features to significantly improve the cycling capability compared to standard flooded batteries.
- Valve regulated lead-acid battery (VRLA lead-acid battery) which is closed under normal conditions but which has an arrangement that allows the escape of gas if the internal pressure exceeds a predetermined value Note 1 to entry: The VRLA battery cannot receive addition to the electrolyte and after activation of dry-charged VRLA. Note 2 to entry: In VRLA batteries the electrolyte is immobilized.
- Absorbent glass mat battery (AGM battery) is VRLA battery in which the electrolyte is immobilized by absorption in a glass mat.
- Gel battery (Gel VRLA battery) in which the electrolyte is immobilized by fixing as a gel.
One thought on “Classification of Starter Battery technology”
As a Suzuki battery user, I thank Suzuki Corporation for the quality of the car battery and its longevity and reasonable price.